Thursday, November 25, 2010

A quick thought about love.

The older I get the more I love holidays (especially the holidays-Thanksgiving through Christmas) for the time I get to spend with family and friends.  I don't need the store-bought "stuff" anymore to enjoy a holiday.  Give me the people I love and time to share over all the rest of it any day!

Today, as you all know, is Thanksgiving and I just got to thinking a little bit about the generalized idea of love.  Today I was blessed yet again to be the recipient of the great love demonstrated by my awesome, awesome family!  The gifts given to me today--overall, the gift of love--reminded me of something very important:


We do not have to search for love.  Love is everywhere.  And we are ALL one hundred percent susceptible and deserving of it.


My awe-inspiring family and friends are prime examples of that.  I never feel the need to prove one thing to them.  I don't have to explain myself, I don't have to justify myself...I don't have to wonder whether or not I'm worthy of their attention.

While we as people may have created skewed ideas about some weird hierarchical standing of the distribution of love, love itself doesn't know the difference between one person and the next.  All it knows, because of by Whom it's been created and for what reason He has done so, is that every single one of us has been created to love AND to be loved.  No one person is the same, but love sees past our differences and bonds all of those differences together.

Isn't that so beautiful?!
I sure think so.

Happy Thanksgiving and happy holidays, my beautiful friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment