Monday, October 4, 2010

Bittersweet Mondays.

I feel really weird about Monday mornings.
Whereas most people can't stand Mondays, I really don't mind them.  Sunday nights to me are actually worse than Monday mornings, because on Sunday night we have the knowledge of what's waiting right on the other side of sleep and we're unable to do anything about it.  Once it comes, though, I really don't have a problem with it!
But like I said, I woke up this morning feeling weird about the week as I always do.  Yet while this isn't a new emotion for me toward the week, this was the first morning I'd actually addressed it.
It's not that I don't like Monday mornings, but rather I have the tendency to wake up every single week with a heavy, weighted feeling in my stomach, usually accompanied by a butterfly or two, a feeling of intimidation.  Here I am at 7 in the morning with an 11+ hour day ahead with and four more days to follow.  From the vantage point that I find myself at at this particular time in the week, the whole picture just seems to be a daunting concept.
Why is this the first thought I let into my mind?  Usually I'd say I can't help it.  And it's true...My questioning mind takes over as soon as my alarm goes off.  I find myself thinking, "Wow.  It's only Monday morning.  I still have five whole days until Friday.  Can I make it?  Will I get through my classes? How will rehearsals go this week?  Will my body hold up?  There are five days worth of hours to fill.  It's so LONG!"  These thoughts and questions enter my mind, even when I know full well that all of a sudden I'm going to wake up and it'll be Friday morning, four out of five work days behind me, and I'll be wondering where in the world the week has gone.
So this week, I'm not letting myself look past this day.  I can't let myself get intimidated by the week when I haven't even stepped into this day yet!  Each day is an entity in its own; I will not wish my time away, nor will I long for a day that's passed.  Each day will come, each day will bring its new challenges as it must but not a moment too soon, so why let myself feel pressured to perform well every day when I'm only given one at a time to conquer?
This week will be a great one.  But I'm not going to get ahead of myself.  This day will be a great one and serve as a great lead in to tomorrow, which will serve as a great lead in to Wednesday and so on.  I'm ready to conquer these five individual days, which will then result in one awesome, productive week.  We're all ready.

Love to all,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment